Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well today was a bit of a downer.

There are 10 or 11 Canadians down from London (Ont) they´re all members of the University of Western Ontario Rotaract club here on a international project and I was suppose to be helping out with the project which is building 4 houses in a needy village close to here. But alas I´m not allowed to miss school to do it, and I thought I was going to be allowed... it was a whole big thing... and anyway it sort of ruined my day.

I did however manage to peace out of school today and hang out with them. We went to the village called Quingoma and saw the rotary sponsored school, and met the families who are getting the homes; it was really nice. I hung out with two of the girls at Heathers house, had lunch there and such.. mummm salmon! and met Heathers son Gabrielle, he´s 2 and pretty much the cutest kid ever no lie! His father, Danilo is Brasilian so hes all perma-tan and such! so cute!! And the girls and I went down to the beach, and walked for a little which was nice. We went back and played with Gabirelle and Tito (pronounced Che-to here) cam over, and after we picked up everyone else and went to the Furniture store to buy some things that the Rotaract Club was going to donate to various institutions here (mattresses, fans, washing machine etc) and then we went and got construction supplies.

When I got home it was like a big thing, that I wasn´t allowed to go and whatever... I guess one of the guys in rotary was like no you can´t go, you must go to school.. and I was all.. that bites... so now I have to go to school and see if I can hang with them in the afternoons and evenings.

Other then that nothing to exciting, I´ll post pictures and a video from today, tomorrow, or when they get uploaded.

Tchau!

Sheila

No comments: